Saturday, June 29, 2013

CONGRADUATIONS, CLASS OF 2013

Here’s a look at the end of eighth grade:

FIELD DAY



I'M AFRAID I JUST BLUE MYSELF.
It's probably pretty hard to tell, but I was on the blue team.


We played with water balloons. (Yeeaaaahhh. Water balloons.)

It's always very weird when you take a group of kids who really only learn together and put them in a completely different situation (ex: DC, field day, graduation ceremony, cruise). I mean, you really see different sides of people when it comes to stuff like Field Day. If you weren't already aware, kids are EVIL. People just get so mad at their peers for the most insignificant reasons.

When you're not cheering loud enough, people scream at you like you're digging out their eyeballs with a plastic knife.

When you're cheering too loud, people scream at you like you're digging out their eyeballs with a plastic knife.

When you make the tiniest mistake, people scream at you like you're digging out their eyeballs with a plastic knife.

I have absolutely no idea why anyone would exert so much mental energy onto a stupid toilet paper pass-thing, but there are four or five kids whose faces literally resemble radishes that have been possessed by Satan at the end of every competition. They get so irrationally angry because their brains have switched on to some sort of primal "IHAVETOWINORELSETHEWORLDWILLEXPLODE MODE" and they will do whatever it takes to win and they'll completely disregard any and every other aspect of life.

I liked Field Day, though. I thought it was fun.


BOAT CRUISE



My assistant principal called it a boat cruise. Heheh. As my physics teacher put it, "What else would it be? A 'bus cruise?'"


There was a very pretty view. The Domino Sugar factory is my favorite building of all time. (If it's the brown one. I like the brown one.) There's something very eerie about it. I know it's completely empty now, but it's cool thinking about what it would have been like in there all of those years ago.  I think Domino's sugar uses some sort of bone charring system thing to whiten the sugar (lol this is probably completely incorrect), and it makes it even spookier if you imagine workers de-boning animals or whatever...yep...



It's our BFF Mike and his gang!

It's also really weird to witness peoples' party personalities. Like, you know those little fist pump circles at camp dances? Well, when you see the kid who sits across from you in English doing that stuff, IT GETS REALLY CONFUSING. 


GRADUATION


It was all fancy and stuff because it was held at the Cooper Union. It was so adorable to see everyone all dressed up and stuff. (And stuff.)

I got really sad afterwards because I was like, "AAAAAHHH I WON'T SEE ALL OF YOUR FACES NEXT YEAR WAAAAH. I WON'T HAVE THE SAME LUNCH TABLE OR TEACHERS OR BUILDING OR ATMOSPHERE OR LITERALLY ANYTHING. WAAAAAAHHH."

Yup.

Here's a video I put together or my class:

end of the year blues on Vimeo.

It's actually funny how bad a job I did. ("Enter text here")


Also, Mike has cuteness competition. (Meet Patrick, my 6th grader friend.)




No comments:

Post a Comment