Sunday, December 30, 2012

HOLY, HOLY, ETC.

i'm the chronically late one.


Hi! I know I’m five days late, but I might as well do CHRISTMAS while it’s still December. Before I get to what really matters, I might as well talk about the changes you may or may not have noticed around this here blog.

I have a new URL! What do you think? ‘Star Me Kitten’ is a song by REM. I don’t particularly like the song (although I do like most of REM’s body of work), but my cat’s name is Star/Starla and she’s kitten-sized and I like the way it sounds. If you have an issue with the URL or like the other one better, you may not be the only one and I may be turning off millions of readers a day (this is EXTREMELY unlikely), so you might as well say so in the comments section.

I also played around with the theme a little. What do you think? Did you like the other better? Again, please tell me in the comments.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Let us get down to business: CHRISTMAS PRESENTS. 

I got a new camera, the Panasonic Lumix dndk12434numbersandlettersthatIreallydon'tcareabout. It's not as ~mainstream~ as the Nikon D3100 or Canon EOS Rebel t(something)i, but so far, I like it. I will take a moment to spam you with a very fancy-looking photo of my kitty.


My objective of making this post was more to practice using my camera, then to be like 'HA! LOOK AT ALL OF MY STUFF! YOUR LIFE SUCKS!' (bee tee dubs)

ALRIGHT! SO! From +Kate, I got a HOLE necklace that I like so much I'm afraid to take off: 

I also got really cute bookmarks that Starla is posing with here:


From Ruby, I got a nice cardigan that I'm so prettily modelling for you guise in this picture:

and some Mac nail polish (that got all screwy because I got blue paint all over my hands shortly after painting them)

From my dad's friends, I got the All About Me book (the teenage edition) and a copy of Nirvana's Live at Reading on DVD (not pictured.) I especially like Live at Reading because of this.

I also got a copy of Dispatch From the Future by Leigh Stein from my parents, as well as a new notebook.


 Next we have a Molskine planner-thing that I'm really excited to use in 2013. I've been writing a lot of bad poetry (no seriously: 'a sad cloud/ a grey cloud/ cries/ do you want a hug?/ sorry, but you are just a cloud') and a poem-a-day-thing would be fun to laugh at in the years to come.


 I also got a nice Matte lipstick that's a brown-ish color.



And a cool rainbow drippy candle.


I also got a pair of purple pants, a purple skirt (not pictured), and three pairs of tights (not pictured.) (two of which are purple.) This boy at my school went up to me a few months ago and was like, 'I'M GOING TO CALL YOU PURPLE.' I guess this only proves his point.

Lastly, I got the new iPod touch! It is actually, literally my life. (and a little too wide for this blog)


YAYYYY! I hope everyone had a happy and healthy holiday break!



4 comments:

  1. Cute kitty! love the lipstick and candle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much!!! starla thanks you, too!

      Delete
  2. ah this post is so awesome. your sweater is the cutest and i'm envious of your moleskin planner! im always really sloppy and just write my schedules on loose sheets of paper because im a disorganized mess. hope you had a great xmas/new years!!!<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i probably won't ever use that planner...i'm not very organized at all.

      i did enjoy christmas/new years! i hope you did, too!

      Delete