Tuesday, December 11, 2012

EYES WITH BAGS UNDERNEATH THEM

It's getting cold(er.)  Lyf is getting colder. 

Do you ever try to fix problems that need fixing, and, although you've (sort of) stopped relying on that semi-destructive thing you were doing, you live life in flat slow motion where everything is sludgy and uncomfortable?  It's all kind of sore/achy in a really acutely passive-aggressive way and you just wish you could snort glitter or something to send everything into a rush of sped-up nebulae and warm feelings and light and fluffy melted sugar?


~twinkle noises~



There comes a time in every genuinely bitter girl's life where she just notices the scowls/disregard on other peoples' faces when she is present. She politely asks someone to spit out their gum and the gum chewer is like, 'huh' and lemon girl is like 'uh uh i can't really concentrate i mean um i'm sorry and stuff i mean you can keep chewing if you want but like uh.' She just realizes that...things aren't OPEN. 


There are people who stand in closed circles, talking, laughing, and brushing their arms up against one another. Yucky-Splenda-after-taste is sitting, cross-legged, staring into space and playing with her shoelaces. 

Many more people would like tonic water if it wasn't for the quinine. 

THAT IS THE END OF VAGUE AND 'HYPOTHETICAL' RAMBLING (or just yearning for other peoples' empathy)

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░


I saw the movie, Submarine for the 1.63th time (approximately) and I think it's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.




It made me laugh extremely hard sometimes, but also made me sort of sad. I thought the art direction was painfully good, the casting was perfect (I loved Oliver's dad! He was amazing in Flirting--and of course Oliver was just...[insert abnormal breathing sound here]...) This movie hit every note I could ever ask for anything to hit. (uh lol wut) It's what I expected (but failed to get) from The Perks

The painful awkwardness and wince-inducing screwing-up was so honest and everyone was just really cute in an unconventional way. It was like hot chocolate, a warm throat hug, but also a sticky, sickly sweet mess.

<3



░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░



On Black Friday, I met up with my frand Chin from this mystical magical place of amazingness. Here's a video I put together of our day.


i would strongly suggest watching this in HD
also, the other two people in the video are kate and kofi
also, christmas
also, bye.

6 comments:

  1. Always amazing <3
    I haven't heard of Submarine but I just did a quick google and it looks really interesting so I might watch it these holidays, so thanks I guess!
    Also just letting you know I nominated you for a blogging award which you can check out on my blog if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you sooo much! SEE SUBMARINE IT WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE.

      Delete
  2. oooh I luvv submarine so much, whaaat an amazing moovie :D im reading the book at the moment YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was so ugh. i never wanted it to end. i want to read the book, too!

      Delete
  3. haha your friends look fun in that video :D ALSO Submarine has been on my list of movies to watch for a while. I'm hoping it will sort of serve as a better version of moonrise kingdom? i need to watch it during this lovely christmas break. i like that you write what is going on in your head; blogging can be a good way to release whatever weirdness goes on up there sometimes :) alsooooo, elliott smith. he is so beautiful because he can craft the most melancholy melodies coupled with lyrics that somehow speak to the core of sadness/life/humanity. wellll i hope that you continue to enjoy times with friends and have an excellent holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!
      my reaction to moonrise kingdom: aw <3 cute
      my reaction to submarine: JHEFVGWDFBJKFGRJNERJKRFGJN WHY IS LIFE?!?!?! OHMYGODOHMYGOD
      you. must. see. it. now.
      and yes, i agree--blogging is like writing a diary, but it's nice to know that people are feeling your pain! i like to tell as many people as i can when i'm upset. (a bit of a personality glitch, but whatevsies)
      also, elliot smith and i are super tight.
      also also, HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU, TOO!

      Delete