Saturday, November 24, 2012

GOBBLE GOBBLE DEE AND GOBBLE GOBBLE PICKLE




So, Thanksgiving was yesterday which is pretty cool, I guess.

I think I ate my weight in yams and stuffing which is also pretty cool, I guess. I got to spend a lot of quality time with my family! Yay. I always like to sit sort of unnoticed and listen to the many discussions about Real Time with Bill Maher and capitalist society and religion. Since my dad enjoys sending around articles and essays that I write, everyone always asks me a lot of questions and expects some sort of intelligent response or something. I’m not sure why, but at times like these, my brain is incapable of forming opinions in responses. It’s in pure absorb mode, and I can only take in information without comprehending it (and also, FOCUS ON MY PUMPKIN PIE, GODAMMIT.) 

You can’t really go wrong with Thanksgiving. Just eat, nod, and smile and it’s all good. 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  

I was in a ~grunge rock~ production of CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY!!!!!!

Hopefully you know by now the THE NINETIES ARE IIINNN, so yeah. In our production, Charlie was wearing a flannel shirt and Willy Wonka was wearing Doc Martens (if you know what I mean.) Instead of having actual Oompa Loompas, there was a somewhat eccentric punk rawk band whining whenever a kid got in trouble.

the females of the oompa loompas
The play was adapted from the book by Roald Dahl, so I'm guessing the songs were written by him. I hadn't memorized them, so I printed them out with notes to help me sing them correctly or whatever.




Here are the videos of all four songs.



mwah

6 comments:

  1. OHMYGOD that's the coolest adaptation of charlie and the chocolate factory i could ever imagine. hah that video is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS AMAZING!! Charlie and the Chocolate Factory has to be one of my favourite books/movies of all time, this just makes me love it even more <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH MY LAPTOP WON'T SHOW THE VIDEOS

    ReplyDelete