Friday, September 7, 2012

I DON'T KNOW YOU, BUT I THINK I HATE YOU


ew omg u cant put a green day lyric as your title
no but its theyre early stuff
your not indie anymore
don’t even argue

I finished my first week (two days) of school!
humph school.

clueless
I was really missing this feeling of exhaustion and physical discomfort and heavy headedness.

(It’s not that bad… I just was too excited to sleep the night before yesterday and watched Obama’s speech last night, which I will do I write-up for, for school, and might possibly post here.)

I always expect something from school, for it to be like, really, really great and nostalgic or something. Things seem super glorious when I look back at them and laugh to myself about a joke that someone told last year. Other than those few moments, I mostly mope around and be miserable. I guess later I’ll be like ‘omg that was so Daria of me,’ but for now things are pretty mehh.

No one in my class talks to me, so I just shut up most of the time. I feel kind of ~dead.~ Like, I’m not crazily upset or anything, just ~empty.~

just because u dont have any friends (in your homeroom) doesnt meen u shud complane so much lyk srsly its annoying

I’m just really anxious to officially get back into the swing of things.

I always expect school to end up looking and feeling something like this. It seems really fantastical when you think about it in nineties teen dramedies.










 












 



 




 Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Squid and the Whale, Beck and Milla Jovovich, Degrassi Jr. High, unknown, Lauren Poor for Rookie, Freaks and Geeks, Petra Collins for Rookie , The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Freaks and Geeks, My So-Called Life, Petra Collins for Rookie,  unknown, Nirvana, My So-Called Life, Petra Collins, The Squid and the Whale, Retrospace, My So-Called Life, Essam Marouf, Petra Collins, The Perks, Tamogatchi, The Squid and the Whale, Retrospace, unknown, Petra Collins for Rookie, School of Rock, The White Stripes

I go to a ~gifted and talented~ school and we don’t have stoners, so my friends (they all have like, pink hair) and I are the ‘makeshift’ ones. (We don’t smoke/snort/whatever you do anything.) Plus, I’m in eighth grade.

We have a school uniform!!! Prettay prettay prettay cool. It has a logo, which I made look like a splotch using modern technologies because I don’t want you school uniform pervs to pee on me. Also, (ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT THIS IS NOT A FASHION BLOG) I will not have any interesting outfits to post or fake reactions from my nameless peers to share with you.



I read somewhere that it’s humanizing to have pictures of yourself, so I will prove to you that I’m not a computer, but in fact a newly developed and sleekly designed robotic gurl thang.











 See, not interesting at all.

I might as well talk a little about my school. It’s one of the top middle schools in New York City. It’s located near a lot of projects and liquor stores, so there are plenty of toothless, homeless dudes snorting at all of the little Asian kids playing games on their calculators and tripping on the sidewalk and running over everyone with their massive rolley backpacks.

It's pretty liberal and stuff. Like, one of the third grade teachers is openly gay and all of the little kids eat greek yogurt and fancy flavored cottage cheeses.

I’m in eighth grade, but I’m taking tenth grade geometry, eleventh grade physics, some sort of high school level Spanish (basically everyone in my class has taken it two years longer than I have because there were too many people in my French class), either tenth or eleventh grade social studies, and some philosophy shat that my school calls “English.”

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
This is me bitching and complaining so you understand why I might not post regularly.

Also, if Craig Gilner didn’t explain it to you, there is a specialized high school placement test that basically every kid in New York City (who like, cares about their future) breaks their back studying for. I am studying. I also take six hours of prep classes a week.

OKAY, NOW THAT I GOT THAT OFF MY CHEST, WE CAN GET BACK TO BUSINESS!

I like learning things and writing things down in notebooks with pretty pens and stuff. School really isn’t that bad.

Don’t worry, I (probably) (hopefully) won’t mention this whole stoopid school thing anymore.


2 comments: